Pages

Tuesday 4 August 2020

200 Word Challenge

Today in wananga instead of doing a 100 Word Challenge we did a 200 Word Challenge. Also we did a piece of music from the movie Forest Gump. Here is my writing and the music. Enjoy.

I was dancing through the studio, leaping and twirling. I love ballet, I have since I could walk. Today I was practising in my private studio that I paid for because I worked at a top end restaurant. The song was called The Flying Feather which my grandmother had written for me. I taught myself the dance, it was quite hard but I knew I could do it. But it was difficult for me because my grandmother had just passed and I missed her so much but I knew I had to keep going. I danced and danced but I just couldn’t get it right so I went for a walk to the graveyard to talk to her. I put flowers in the pot and said “ I love you grandma “ Then I walked back to the studio. I decided that this one was going to be the one where I didn’t muck up and I think going to the graveyard worked because I didn’t muck up and I stayed strong. Which was the best thing I could do.



7 comments:

  1. love your choice of music to dance too Hayley. This is a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, I love this! This reminds me so much of my experience dancing to this song when I was younger. This song is from a favourite movie I share with my dad and I remember he came to watch my competition and it was nice to share my dancing with him. Your writing totally transported me back to that time with your imagery of doing ballet and dancing on the stage!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love this story. Very well written Hayley. These word challenges are showing off your imagination and thoughts so well xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Hayley,
    I really enjoyed reading your story about ballet it reminded me of when I was little and did ballet I really liked your choice of words for this story as well.

    - Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Hayley,
    I really love reading your story and the words u used.

    Have a great day!
    -Khyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your choice of music, Hayley. It shows your artistic nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hayley. You are very creative and I loved your Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.