Pages

Friday 15 March 2019

D.M.I.C Maths

Learning Objective: To reflect on my group work in D.M.I.C Maths.

This week for maths we learned about new strategies to work out a problem. We had to work in groups to solve this problem. The people in my group were Felicity, Tahnesha and Mackenzie. Here is my work.

For maths we had to work out a money problem for Ariana and Matui. Ariana and Matui did chores for the holidays and they both got separate amounts. They both had different amounts and we had to figure out who had more money than the other person. My group solved this problem by working it out buy the information we were given at the start. The information we were given was that Ariana got $10 for the first day and Matui got $1. The for the next few days Ariana got $2 more every day and Matui got double the amount he had. So we figured out that Matui got more money at the end. After one week Matui had $512 and Ariana had $28. We worked this out by using the strategy called  skip counting. It is the most easy strategy but thats why I use It.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.