Pages

Monday 2 November 2020

200 Word Challenge

 Today in wananga we started a 200 word challenge. The picture was of a blue whale with its mouth wide open and a scuba diver swimming away from it. Here is the picture and my story.


I have loved the ocean ever since I was little. I would always beg my parents to let me go to the beach and clear my mind. I also loved all of the marine life so I liked going to the aquariums too. But when I was 15 my parents introduced me to scuba diving to I could get a view that I had never seen before so of course I said yes. The first time I did it I was so nervous I almost hyperventilated but I stayed strong and gave it a go. It was so fun touching all the coral and the little fish but then out of no where all the fish swam to the coral and hid so that it was like no one was there so I turned around and saw nothing until I heard a strange noise about a kilometre away. But I knew what it was after listening to the noises at the aquariums it was a blue whale! So I tried to swim back to the boat as fast as I could but the whale was catching up fast! But I was lucky enough to get pulled up by my dad. You would think I would be scared of the ocean by no but I actually go back there every day :)



4 comments:

  1. Another fantastic story Hayley. I love when these blogs pop up as I never know where you will take us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Hayley. You have written about a beautiful creature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Hayley.😍 we are at the moment sitting by the Clyde Dam but no whales in here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Hayley,
    I really enjoyed reading your story about the person, Maybe you could add some more detail next time.

    Much Love,
    Shelby xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.