Today I was set a task by my teacher. We had to make a cake that people baked in the war. It was a very simple cake to make because they didn't have very many ingredients at that time. Here is a series of photos of me making the cake. Enjoy 😁
( You may have to turn your head to see properly.)
I am a student at in Uru Mānuka. In 2020 I was a year 9 and in 2021 I will be a year 10. This is a place where I will be able to share my learning with you. Please note....some work won't be edited - just my first drafts, so there may be some surface errors. I would love your feedback, comments, thoughts and ideas.







That looks like an interesting cake Hayley. What was the taste like? Maybe you could share the recipe.🙂
ReplyDeleteThat look really good. I like the way you have decorated it :)
ReplyDeleteHi Miss Birtch
ReplyDeleteI love baking and this was a lot of fun. It was a different kind of baking than what we do now having to use a pot. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
Hi, Hayley!
ReplyDeleteOhan here, from the Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum in Canada!
Thank you for sharing your Canadian Ration Cake, all of us here at the Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum are so impressed with what you've created! I must agree with Miss Birtch; I especially like the way you so creatively decorated your final product. It definitely is a different kind of recipe, with the step that involves boiling the ingredients in the pot, but you've really done it so well!
Thank you for sharing, Hayley, and well done!
Ohan Stamboulian
Stouffville, Canada
Hi Ohan. Thank you for your kind words. The cake tasted awesome and I will certainly be making it again :)
DeleteHi Hayley,
ReplyDeleteYou're very welcome. We're glad to hear that you liked it so much you want to make it a second time!
Ohan