Pages

Wednesday, 26 February 2020

Book Review πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„

Gangsta Granny Book Review:

I finished this book in silent reading and I am now reading another one but here is the book review. :)

This book is about a boy named Ben who thinks his granny is REALLY boring. Then one day his granny was put in hospital and Ben realised  that he wanted to know more about his boring granny. So, the next time he went to his granny's he found a biscuit tin with heaps and heaps of jewels inside. Then she told Ben all about her big adventures stealing jewels. Ben was so excited so they planned to steal the crown jewels. They got to the jewels but the queen was in the jewel house practising her Christmas speech. 

The Queen was talking about how the elderly weren't getting enough respect from this generation. Ben and Granny were let of the hook and sent back home. A few days later Ben realised why granny was in the hospital. She had cancer. She sadly died before Christmas and she had a very sad funeral. When the queen did her Christmas speech she mentioned Ben and his granny but didn't give the full details. 

The author for this book was David Walliams, a very talented author who writes funny children books. Here is a link about David Walliams.

2 comments:

  1. A very good review Hayley.. I haven't read the book but I have watched the movie. What is the title of the next book you are reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book review Hayley. I love hearing you talk about all his books. We may just about have all of them at home now

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.