Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Summer learning journey week one day 3

Summer Learning Journey


This holiday I will be doing the summer learning journey. When I was at South Hornby School we did the winter learning journey. Today I will be learning about . . .  It's all in the family.


Activity 1:
For activity 1 we had to imagine that we were a child in the 1800's and you had nine siblings. Then we had to tell you how we felt and whether we would like to be in a big family or not.
I would feel Anxious because you have got so much on your shoulders and you have only got you to help your self. I would not like to be in a big family because you won't get much alone time when your down and you would get all the smelly hand me down clothes from your siblings and no nice clothes from the store. Bonus

pepeha  
Activity 2:
For activity 2 we had to learn about Pepeha and what it is. Pepeha is a type of recognition for who you are and where you came from. Here is my Pepeha...

Ko   The Remarkables                     te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is…
Ko   Kawarau                                     te awa          The river that I affiliate to is….
Ko  “Larkins”  1849                           te waka The waka that I affiliate to is…
Ko  Lars Peterson (louis Edwards) tōku tīpuna My founding ancestor is…
Ko  Swedish/Scottish/Welsh/English tōku iwi          My tribe is…
Ko  Kiwi                                              tōku hapu My sub-tribe is…
Ko  Hornby                                         tōku marae My marae is…
Ko  Hornby , ChristChurch               ahau I am from…
Ko Belinda rāua ko Scott                 tōku mātua  My parents are … and …
Ko Hayley                                           tōku ingoa. My name is …

Bonus Activity:
For the bonus activity we had to ask three different people in our family 2 things that they like to do in summer. I chose my Grandma, My grandad and my brother.

Grandma
1: Gardening
2: Reading in the sunshine

Grandad
1: Rabbit shooting
2: Chopping

My Brother
1: Swimming
2: Play Family games of football.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley, I am doing the summer learning journey too. I like swimming in the summer like your brother. I enjoyed reading your blog, have a look at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Hayley,

    Jade F here from the Summer Learning Journey team! Well done on your blog activity. I thought you wrote a great response to whether or not you would enjoy being in a large family. I agree that being in a large family would be a lot of work but being in a big family would also mean you have a lot of people to support you when you need help! It would also be handy because you have a lot more people to play games with!

    With your second activity, I thought you did a wonderful job on your pepeha! Have you ever tried saying it out loud to friends or your family? It's a great way to introduce yourself and it's good Te Reo practice!

    For your bonus activity, thank you for sharing the facts about your family members. My grandma loves gardening too! When I used to live with her in Wellington, she used to grow so many flowers down the driveway especially hydrangeas. They were so beautiful when they were in bloom!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts Hayley. Keep up the good work!

    Cheers,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.