Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

summer learning journey week one day 2

Summer Learning Journey



This holiday I will be doing the summer learning journey. When I was at South Hornby School we did the winter learning journey. Today I will be learning about . . . All in A Days Work.

Activity 1:
For activity 1 we had to Learn about where the Maori lived and how they cooked, Stored and slept. Then we had to look at the picture of the traditional homes and compare them to our own. It does not look like anything compared to my house! Then we had to put 2 differences and 2 similarities of the House's. 

Similarities
1: It has shelter
2: It has windows (without Glass)

Differences
1: There are no walls inside
2:  There carvings that mean a lot for their culture


Activity 2:
for activity 2 we had to draw a picture of ourselves doing our dream jobs. My dream job would be to become a teacher because I like to help others. 

 


              Bonus Activity:
              For the bonus activity we had to pick                    one of our favourite meals and tell you                  what it is and why it is our favourite.
              My favourite meal  is Mac 'n' Cheese                  because the sauce is so creamy and                    cheesy. Here is the recipe for It...

        2 Tablespoons of butter      
        1 Small onion
        2 Tablespoons of plain flour      
        1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
        2 cups of milk
        Salt and pepper
                                                                                            2 Cups of cheese
                                                                                            2 cups pasta
                                                                                            cook at 190 c for 20 minutes.
   

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Hayley,

    I hope you're having a good summer. My name is Jade F and I am one of the blog commenters in the Summer Learning Journey in your school cluster!

    Good job on completing another set of tasks! With your first activity, I thought your comparison between a modern house and a wharepuni was fantastic. I especially liked your difference point about the wharepuni having carvings on their wall that means a lot in their culture. Imagine if a modern house had Maori carvings on the wall, I reckon it would look so beautiful!

    In your second activity, I thought your drawing of your dream job was brilliant. That's awesome that you would like to be a teacher one day! I just finished studying primary teaching at university, it is a wonderful profession to get into! You definitely help a lot of people and you have fun at the same time! :)

    I really liked your favourite meal in your bonus activity, mac 'n' cheese, YUM! Thanks for sharing the recipe as well, I really like mac 'n' cheese and I'm always keen to try new recipes to make it! Do you make mac 'n' cheese at home often?

    Keep up the amazing work Hayley and I look forward to reading more of your SLJ blog posts!

    Cheers,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.