Pages

Thursday 30 March 2017

Show don't tell mud

Hayley's Show don't tell mud
for writing last week we played with mud. We had to describe the mud then write about it.We had to use smilies,adjectives and alliteration if we wanted to.When we were writing this we had to use show don't tell.Show don't tell is where you put a picture in the readers head.
Success criteria
Write 8-10 sentences about the experience of playing in the mud. You must Show Don’t Tell. Use lots of Wow Words and similes.

Tell-On Monday we played with mud.

Show- As soon as I put my hands in I was like ewwwwww!!. Then I put my hands in again and I was like this isn't to bad. It felt like mushy potatoes that slowly fell through your fingers.It smelt like a garden that had some work to be done in it.I was gooey when it was in your hands but, when it was out of your hands it was thick and hard.It was satisfying to play with,you could squish it squash it and best of all poke it.When we were playing with it I could hear the thick brown liquid being poked and prodded and the other children were laughing and screaming.I thought The thick brown mixture was saying quietly “play with me play with me”. Then it got stuck in my finger nails and then I thought it was time to go inside and wash my hands.
That was the magic,marvellous,mucky,murky mud!

2 comments:

  1. Hi hayley I'm nikoli your friend and I think that the success criteria is great.I love your smillies adjectives and alliteration that you used in your writing like-It felt like mushy potatoes that slowly fell through your fingers.

    from Nikoli :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Nikoli
    PS:Your Blog Is Really Cool!!
    From Hayley
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.