Pages

Thursday 12 September 2019

Hurumanu PE

This week and last week for PE we have been working lot's of different things. We have been doing maths and our chosen sports with our teams. On Monday the first team shared their sport, they chose Bench Ball. Earlier in the year in another hurumanu we learnt how to play Bench Ball and so we got to play it again. The team that was running the Bench Ball made us do warm ups, drills and then games. I wasn't here for the warm ups and the first drill but the second drill we did was Sneak Up Granny. The first game we played was Tz yr 8's vs Bh yr 8's and then it was the same with the year 7's. Then. after lunch we played all yr 8's vs all year 7's, the year 8's won. last week we did maths as well because this sport hurumanu also involves maths and writing. For the maths we had to work out how many cans of paint we would need to paint four whole football fields. The maths was really tricky and my group hasn't finished yet. We used some multiplication strategies and some addition strategies. I think this week I worked pretty well with my team even though I had a little disagreement with them about our sport. The graduate profile subject chose to work on was to understand how my feelings and actions effect others and I think I did this by encouraging my teammates on and not getting too frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.