Pages

Thursday 22 August 2019

Hurumanu Sport

This week for hurumanu we started sport with Miss Simpson. We did fitness testing and the beep test. We did fitness testing because we are doing it again later in this hurumanu and we are going to see if our scores are different. First we did sit ups, I did ten. Then we did a sit and reach test. For that we had to sit with our feet with against a box and then push a bit of wood as far as we can, I got 10.2 centimetres. After that we did hand grip tests, you had to hold a metal grip and squeeze them together, I got one. The last thing we did was the vertical jump. You had to stand sideways up against the wall and then reach your arm up as high as you can then you had to jump as high as you can and record that. When I did it I got 1.9 standing and 2.2 jumping. Today we did the beep test and my score was 5.1 which I think was pretty good. I think I worked pretty well with my team which are called the Celtics. I think I have to improve on my breathing while I'm running because It hurts really bad after. I will work on this buy deep breathing and stretching afterwards. I helped everyone when we were doing the beep test by cheering them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.